Sunday 3 May 2009

Weekend so far...

The weekend's been good so far. Dave had bought tickets to "The King and I" at the Whitehall Theatre, unbeknownst to me, and we went to see it Friday night. Dave definitely earned hubby points! I was impressed at how good the production was, especially considering it wasn't a professional group putting it on. There were quite a few songs in the stage version that didn't appear in the film, but I hear that's often the case. And of course, Yul Brynner wasn't there, but the guy who played the king did him proud.

Yesterday Elspeth, Dave and I tackled the spare room and got a chance to christen the Dulux Paint Pod we bought a few months ago. It's not quite as simple as in the demo film, but to be honest I didn't really expect it to be. It's still a lot faster (and cleaner!) than painting with a traditional roller and tray. The ceiling got painted, a new light fixture put up, and a first coat of paint on the walls. Once all the painting is done, we can lay the carpet and get a new rod for the curtains. Then it's just a matter of moving everything back into the spare room and voila!

I've finally downloaded my pictures from London onto the laptop, as well as the pictures that Sharaya kindly donated! They'll be going up soon, so stay tuned.

0 comments: