Saturday 14 March 2009

Bowling

On Thursday, the department wrapped up a big sponsored study so we headed off to the bowling alley to celebrate. This was only the second time I've done "3-hole" bowling as I call it, where the balls are massive and you have to jam your fingers into the slots. I couldn't get past the risk of being dragged down the lane if my fingers got stuck in the holes, so I resorted to bowling with 2 hands. It served me well. In our second game I lost by a mere 6 points with a score of 116.


Pete - our disabled bowler. He'd chopped his finger the night before with a carving knife while making dinner. The cut bled for hours so he ended up having to go to the Emergency Department to get it glued shut and bandaged.


Tricia and Pippa fighting over their preferred bowling ball.


One of my bowling shoes (UK size 4). Since moving to the UK I have been known to buy kids shoes occasionally. They're not taxed so they're super cheap. In Canada, my feet were small but not small enough to fit into kids' sizes.


Pete and Karen facing off.


The electronic score boards. Not entirely accurate if you ask me.


Sri getting ready to demonstrate his cat-like prowess.



Tricia celebrating. I didn't manage to rotate the film so you'll have to do a head tilt.

0 comments: