Wednesday 27 January 2010

Taking Back the Weekend

Although the weekend is technically defined as the period between Friday night and Monday morning, for me, it's really all about Saturday. It's a day that's entirely my own. No part of it is spent at work (unlike Fridays) and let's face it, when you have to get up in time for church, Sundays never really feel like a day off.  So, why, on a day that's entirely mine, do I spend so much time doing things I'd rather not be doing?

As much as I hate to admit it, my Saturdays too often fall short of my restful ideal. Instead of spending my time doing the things I love, I'm catching up on the housework I neglected during the week (or feeling guilty about not catching up!) Instead of spending my time with the people I care about, I'm meeting up with the cashier at Tesco. Well, no more! I'm taking back the weekend!

This is my own personal project for the year. The goal: to reclaim my free time. The method: take an idea and put it to the test - keep it up if it works and axe it if it doesn't. I'll be combining my own ideas with those from various websites, blogs, books, family members and friends. I'll also be posting on my adventures (and misadventures!) Here's to the weekend!

0 comments: