Saturday 22 November 2008

First Post

I've gotten off to a slow start today, having not woken up until 11. I think I'll have to get tips from my sister on how to manage my sleep schedule.

I spent last night shopping for Christmas presents online. Online shopping is great in theory, since it saves me having to wait in line at the post office to send things, but it's really difficult to find places that let you ship internationally. Amazon is a case-in-point. Great site for presents, but amazon.ca doesn't have much on it, and amazon.co.uk or amazon.com won't let you ship a lot of things to Canada. Solution: my family and friends have to move to the UK. I managed to sort things out in the end, and hopefully it'll all arrive in time for Christmas.

Since I'm off work this week, I'm making an attack plan for Christmas preparations, the idea being that this will be the first year that I've bought presents and sent cards by December 1st. Of course, the house can't be decorated until December, but I'll dig the decorations out of the attic this week just so I know what I've got.

2 comments:

forty winks said...

Lizzie! I am so happy you're finally blogging! I was thinking of starting to torture you to get one started - you've saved me the trouble! Hooray!

Diana said...

Awesome!